Performed by dr R. Burdach.
Fillers are a breakthrough in non-invasive wrinkle treatment and modelling of the facial area. Aesthetic medicine uses mostly hyaluronic acid which is an efficient and safe substance. Autogenous fat tissue is another great natural filler. Both fat as well as hyaluronic acid allow to fill mimic lines and other imperfection of the face and make certain areas such as lips or cheek bones more prominent.
Hyaluronic acid is a substance responsible for binding water particles inside the skin, giving it proper moisture level and elasticity. Unfortunately, with time the amount of hyaluronic acid on our body decreases. As a result our skin becomes more dry and loses its elasticity. Our facial features are sharpening with age, too. Thanks to injections of hyaluronic acid we can reverse the signs of aging of the skin and give our face a fresher look.
– Rejuvenating the face and improving its features
– Smoothening the wrinkles and lines (nasolabial fold, frown lines, vertical lip lines)
– Enlarging and modeling the lips
– Lifting drooping lip corners
– Improving face shape
– Filling drooping cheeks and tear troughs
– Correcting facial asymmetry
WHAT TO DO & WHAT TO AVOID, BEFORE YOUR FILLERS TREATMENT
In order to reduce the amount of bruising and/or swelling from the injection sites, please follow the instructions below.
– Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve for 1 week prior. Please consult your physician if you are taking Aspirin for medical reasons!
– Avoid supplements including St. Johns Wort, ginko biloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng, and Vitamin E for 1 week
– Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, or any «Anti-Aging» products for 3 days prior
– Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or hair removal cream on the area to be treated for 3 days prior
– Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to treatment
– If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores
– Do not use dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any ingredients, or suffer from neurological disorders. Please inform us if you have any questions about this prior to your treatment
DAY OF TREATMENT
– Arrive to the office with a «clean face» – washed and without makeup
– In order to maximize your comfort during the procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied. In some cases, a local numbing medication will be injected into or around the area(s) to be treated
WITHIN THE FIRST HOUR OF TREATMENT
Immediately after the treatment, there may be redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness, and/or itching near the injection site. Avoid itching , massaging, or picking around the injection site. This is normal and generally disappears within a few hours to a few days. If these symptoms last more than 3 days, please contact our office.
WITHIN 6 TO 10 HOURS OF TREATMENT
– Avoid drinking alcohol or partaking in strenuous exercise, as it may result in additional bruising
– Until the swelling and redness have resolved, avoid intense heat in the treated area(s). This includes sunbathing, tanning, saunas, hot tubs, or hot wax. Also avoid extreme cold such as skiing or other winter sports.
– Minimize movement of the treated area(s). However, if there is a visible bump, you can massage the area. Depending on the areas treated and the product used, you may feel «firmness». These areas will soften and settle with time (usually 1-2 weeks)
– Sunscreen and makeup can be applied, and the area can be gently washed with a gentle cleanser
ADDITIONAL POST TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
– For most patients, the benefits of dermal fillers can be enhanced by using a medical-grade skincare system, such as Obagi. Products containing Vitamin-C can strengthen the skin and improve laxity and texture. Additionally, use of Tretonoin (or Retin-A) helps rebuild cells in the skin’s epidermis (or top layer).
– 98% of skin damage (aging, wrinkles, dark spots, and hyper-pigmentation) is caused by sun damage. Wearing sunscreen is critical to maintaining the look and health of your skin. Sunscreen should be re-applied after every 4 hours of sun exposure.
– If it is difficult for you to reapply sunscreen throughout the day, consider adding a powdered sunscreen (we recommend Bare Essentials) to your daily routine, which can be brushed on to the face and chest periodically.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU EXPERIENCE
– Fever and/or chills
– If the area appears red, hot to the touch, and «angry» looking
– Severe pain or increasing pain
– Discolored blotches in areas not injected or blanching of injected areas
HOW TO LONG WILL DERMAL FILLERS LAST?
The short answer is, of course, it depends – what areas were treated, and with which specific product. Cosmetic fillers are long lasting, but not permanent.
Shorter term fillers made of hyaluronic acid, like Juvederm and Restylane, will last anywhere from 6-18 months depending on the areas treated and your bodies metabolism.
FOREHEAD LINES / PILLOW LINES
Sleep lines around the forehead are common and may be due to multiple factors such as position of sleep and type of pillow used. These lines present great difficulty in treating as continuing the sleeping style will effect the results. However, with some minor adjustments to your sleeping position and a combination of skin collagen building treatments which include dermal fillers in the various layers of weakened skin and cosmeceuticals that promote strong collagen synthesis we can treat these lines to appear softer.
FROWN / GLABELLAR LINES
The familiar, wearisome frown lines are an everyday complaint at our London clinic. For most, botox is the treatment of choice relaxing the muscles responsible for these ‘dynamic’ lines. However, ‘static’ frown creases that are visible at rest respond well to a combination treatment with dermal fillers.
As frown lines are such a common concern it would naturally be understandable to assume that dermal fillers in this region are an easy procedure. It is, however, a treatment that requires advanced, skilled practitioners who can apply appropriate experience and caution.
TEAR TROUGH & PERIORBITAL LINES
Periorbital rejuvenation with dermal filler Injections is a technically advanced treatment that can address many issues including dark circles, sunken tear trough regions, lines & wrinkles under and around the eyes.
NON SURGICAL NOSE JOB
Dermal fillers are commonly used in the nose for a variety of indications. Some of them include nose hump reduction, flat nasal bridge in Asian & Africans, droopy tip as well as balancing the size and shape in patients who’ve had a previous unsuccessful rhinoplasty (surgical nose job). Ageing of the nose produces surface changes, nasal tip ptosis (droop) as well as some textural alterations.
The deep, diagonal folds that appear at the sides of the nose and extend to the corners of the mouth, or further, are also known as the ‘nasolabial folds’. These deep furrows are characteristic of the ageing face and project a fatigued, harrowed appearance. There are a multitude of causes for these grooves including loss of soft tissue volume, reduced elasticity and gravitating fat pads from the cheek region. Expressions over time also play a part. The procedure takes approximately 10-20 minutes and most individuals leave with mild redness and minimal swelling.
PERIORAL LINES (UPPER LIP WRINKLES / SMOKER’S LINES) LIP LINES
Flaccid, wrinkled lips lacking contour trouble many individuals. The vertical lines that appear around the mouth, also known as smoker’s lines, can terribly age an individual and detract from the sensuality and vitality that lips can be associated with. Women can find it infuriating when lipstick bleeds into these lines, blurring any lip definition.
There are a variety of treatments available which can be discussed with a personal approach by our accomplished cosmetic doctors. Botox may be advisable to relax some of the lip muscles, reducing the effects of habitual puckering. Dermal fillers can be injected into the lines themselves or into the vermilion border to strengthen the supporting edge of the lip. Resurfacing treatments such as peels and lasers can also greatly smooth the lines.
Marionette lines refer to the downward folds that extend from the corners of the mouth to the jaw. They can portray a constant look of despair and disatisfaction. Whilst many people are genetically predisposed, other elements influence marionette line formation including soft tissue volume loss, reduced elasticity, bony changes and active muscles in the lower face.
Dermal fillers can greatly improve these lines, also lifting downturned corners of the mouth into a neutral position. A combination treatment with botox to help uplift the mouth and dermal filler to reduce the furrow may be used. For deep grooves, our dermal filler doctors may recommend treating the area over time to allow the tissues to accommodate the filler.
The lips form the focus of attention in the lower part of the face and a youthful attractive lip is associated with fullness and definition. Thin, wrinkled, flaccid lips can encroach with age leaving one looking weary and worn. Our skillful aesthetic doctors at CosmeDocs can help recreate these features with carefully practised techniques.
A brief anatomy of the lips can help to identify the possibilities available with dermal fillers for lip enhancement procedure. The body of the lip, the pink area, is called the vermillion. It has a dry part that is exposed to the air and a wet part which remains inside the mouth. They are separated by the wet-dry border and it is this region that is commonly injected with dermal filler in order to increase the volume in the lip body. The edge of the lip is called the vermillion border and typically older persons experience volume loss in this region with less definition and support between the lip and the facial skin. This can assist in the formation of lip lines, also known as smoker’s lines. The Cupid’s bow forms the central portion of the upper lip with two philtral columns extending from the peaks. Each of these areas may be treated to enhance overall shape, improve volume, support the border and diminish fine lines.
Dermal fillers used for the lips are temporary, hyaluronic acid based and contain an anaesthetic to ease discomfort during the procedure. In addition, a topical cream anaesthetic may be applied if required. The most common side effect of lip fillers is swelling! Our doctors will advise you to plan this treatment well in advance of any special occasions.
CHIN AUGMENTATION & JAW LINE CONTOURING
Dermal fillers can be used to improve the jawline and reshape the chin.
Flat, recessed chins are an advanced procedure that can be successfully tackled with dermal fillers by skilled aesthetic doctors. The chin is assessed from anterior and lateral views with the aid of photographs. Any dental or bony conditions need to be excluded such as an excessive overbite. Chin enhancement treatment with dermal filler is only suitable for soft tissue changes. Our experienced practitioners will be able to examine your concerns and advise you of the possibilities.
When performing chin augmentation the jaw line may need to be analyzed and improved. Cases below have undergone chin augmentation with jaw line sculpting so that his new chin blends nicely into the jaw lines giving a more natural result.
1ml syringe900 zł
2ml syringeagreed individually
Face volumetry 2ml syringe1600 zł
Not sure is this is the right treatment for you? Please contact us or book a free consultation visit