PDO THREAD LIFT
The solution to drooping eyebrows and jowls.
A thread lift is a kind of face lift that is frequently referred to as the “lunch time lift.” This is because of its simplicity and the minimal time it takes to carry out the process. A small entry will be made in the desired region and then thin threads are advanced along pre-marked contours. Your body then begins to develop new bundles of collagen which encompass each thread and this in turn results in a subtle yet effective lift. The outcomes differ for each individual, but look very natural giving a revitalized and refreshed look. There is no scaring and recuperation times are much less than those associated with traditional surgery.
WHAT IS PDO THERAPY?
PDO therapy is an effective cosmetic method that lifts and tightens drooping skin tissues by inducing collagen production. It involves the implantation of thin, absorbable polydioxanone threads (similar to those used in medical suturing) into the subcutaneous layer of the skin using miniaturized needles. These threads stay implanted in the skin resulting in micro-injuries that stimulate collagen production and tissue contraction. After six months, the threads will be absorbed into the body leaving new collagen in their place.
The process is usually carried out using local anesthetic, and takes between 45 and 60 minutes, depending on the treatment region. Side effects are minimal but may comprise puffiness and bruising that lasts 2-3 days, and individuals can proceed with ordinary activities right away.
PDO therapy can be used on the cheeks, brow, jawline, neck, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, arms, thighs and abdomen. The lifting effect is at its prime after 6 months when collagen has formed around the threads, and lasts between 12-15 months.
Polydioxanone (PDO) is used for biomedical applications, especially in cardiothoracic surgery because it is completely absorbed by hydrolysis within 4 to 6 months and does not create any scar tissue.
Using local anesthetic, the threads are passed into the sagging facial element with a special guide needle. The threads are then able to catch on to the droopy soft-tissue and muscle of the desired area. Nearly all individuals feel minimal bruising or puffiness for 1-7 days.
The PDO Thread Lift is not painful and most individuals can return to ordinary activities with makeup the next day. The threads stay where they are inserted and, like all inner sutures, are typically well tolerated by the body.
- The best candidates for a thread facelift are those in their 30’s to 60’s and have a relatively good skin tone. Most are starting to have drooping in their face or neck but do not have extremely loose skin or sagging facial regions that might necessitate a more rigorous facelift surgery. If signs of aging are relatively minimal, a thread lift may be an effective way to make cosmetic enhancements while avoiding facelift scarring which sometimes occur after more intensive surgical procedures.
AREAS OF TREATMENT
- upper and lower cheeks Foreheads (brow lift)
- foreheads (brow lift)
- jawline, neck
- naso-labial folds (nose to mouth lines)
- marionette lines (corners of the mouth)
- There is a rapid improvement seen after the PDO thread lift treatments with a visible lift in the regions treated. This will improve over a span of 2-6 months as fresh collagen develops between the threads and gives further lift and tightening to the skin. The PDO threads gradually dissolve over about 6 months, but the resulting lift remains for 9-12 months.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- foreign body reaction/granuloma
- needle hematoma
- facial nerve trauma
4D THREAD - NON SURGICAL FACE LIFT1 thread 350 zł
MONO THREAD - AREA AROUND EYE, NECK, CLEAVAGE1 thread 100 zł
Not sure is this is the right treatment for you? Please contact us or book a free consultation visit